Ideal for wounds that are difficult to dress; Manages bacterial burden1; Continuous antimicrobial protection1; Extended wear time1; Non- staining
- Powder can convert any other dressing to an antimicrobial (Arglaes Powder)
- Indications: pressure ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers2, partial and full- thickness wounds, leg ulcers, negative pressure wound therapy (Arglaes Powder only)3, grafted wounds (Arglaes Powder only), donor sites, lacerations and abrasions, and first- and second-degree burns.
- Contraindications: third-degree burns, patients with a known sensitivity to silver and as a surgical implant
- do not use topical antibiotics in conjunction with Arglaes.
- Arglaes® Film may be left in place for up to 7 days
- Arglaes Island and Arglaes Powder may be left in place for up to 5 days
- Dressing change frequency will depend upon the amount of drainage.
1. Internal report on file.
2. LaJoie J. Improving diabetic foot ulcer outcomes with hyperbaricoxygen and ionic silver powder. Presented at SAWC. San Diego, CA. 2005.
3. Curran M, Paz-Altschul OJ. The use of silver antimicrobial powder with negative pressure wound therapy. Presented at Clinical Symposium on Advances in Skin and Wound Care. Dallas, TX. 2002.
Dressing Change Frequency/Use: Max: 5 Day: Check Drainage
Latex Free: Yes
Primary or Secondary Dressing: Primary or Secondary Use
Product Category: Powder w/Silver
Limited Lifetime Warranty. Your Medline brand product is warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a lifetime for the original consumer. This device was built to precise standards and carefully inspected prior to shipment. This
Lifetime Limited Warranty is an expression of our confidence in the material and workmanship of our products and assures years of convenient, dependable service. In the event of a defect covered by this warranty, we will, at our option, repair or replace the device. This warranty does not cover device failure due to owner misuse, negligence, or normal wear and tear. The warranty does not extend to non-durable components such as rubber accessories, brakes and grips, which are subject to normal wear and replacement.