Today's post is an excerpt from our mobility scooter buying guide. If you want to know more about mobility scooters,
Like any other piece of equipment, it takes a little bit of upkeep to keep your scooter running like new. Here’s how to maximize the life of your electric mobility scooter:
You don’t want your scooter’s battery giving out on you at the wrong time, stranding you where you don’t want to be.
- Protect your battery from extreme temperature and moisture.
- Only use the charger provide with your scooter.
- Charge the battery at least eight hours every day you use it.
- Don’t overcharge the battery; it could damage it.
- Unplug your charger when you’re not using it.
Tires are as important to a scooter’s smooth functioning as they are to a car’s. Routine tire care will ensure a more comfortable ride and longer-lasting tires.
- Use a tire gauge to keep your tires inflated to standards defined in your scooter’s user manual.
- Check your tires regularly for slow leaks or punctures.
Sometimes, you need a professional’s expertise to keep your scooter in tip-top shape. Consult with a licensed dealer or repair professional at least once a year. if you're in the greater Cincinnati area, any of our Med Mart locations can help with this.