Skin IQ Microclimate Cover
SKU# SIQCPSTS1US / Item ID # 31439
Ships by: Wed, Mar 29th
- FREE Shipping over $50
- Product Specialist
- Lifetime Phone Support
- Financing Options
Talk to one of our Experts!
Arjo's Skin IQ® Microclimate Manager (MCM) is a fluid resistant, vapor permeable, single patient use mattress cover for use with a pressure redistribution surface to help prevent and treat Stage I-IV pressure injuries. Powered by Negative Airflow Technology (NAT), Skin IQ MCM continually draws away excess moisture from the skin/surface interface and helps control skin temperature.
Skin IQ is a fluid resistant, vapour permeable, single patient or multiple use mattress covers designed to manage microclimate thanks to its unique Negative Airflow Technology (NAT). NAT helps to reduce or maintain skin temperature whilst preventing excess moisture or humidity build up on the skin's surface. The technology uses a fan to pull moisture vapour that passes through the top layer into the middle layers open construction spacer material with a vacuum effect. The negative airflow provided also means that moisture and air are pulled away from areas where the skin is directly in contact with the support surface.
- Microclimate refers to the conditions of moisture and temperature at the point(s) of skin/surface interface¹
- Microclimate is a key factor for patients at risk of maceration and skin breakdown
- Excess variation in moisture and/or temperature increases skin sensitivity to the damaging effects of pressure, shear, and friction²
- A waterproof, vapour-permeable top layer that offers a bacterial and viral barrier¹
- Negative Airflow Technology (NAT) continually draws excess moisture away from the skin / mattress interface. Bench studies show that Skin IQ MCM removes 3.8 times more moisture at the skin/mattress interface than the same mattress without Skin IQ MCM²
- Bench studies show that Skin IQ MCM reduces staphylococcus aureus growth by 3.1 logs over a 24 hour period. A percentage reduction of greater than 99.9%.³ *
- Bench studies show that Skin IQ MCM significantly reduces odour at the skin/mattress interface when compared to the same surface without airflow⁴
- Designed for compatibility with pressure redistribution mattresses on the market today (eg, AtmosAir™ 9000 Mattress Replacement System)
|Weight Capacity:||500 lbs|
|Product Weight:||28 lbs|